Safe and highly effective, liposuction is by far the most common cosmetic procedure performed in the USA .Very safe and effective this procedure can if well planned achieve permanent reduction of stubborn body rolls . As in any cosmetic procedure, a well laid out plan to restore more attractive or sexy curves is essential to obtain beautiful results .
Liposculpture is Liposuction with a clear goal in mind: “Restoring appealing curves to the body.” Simply stated, it is not the technology that delivers results, it is the doctor.
Many so-called Liposculpture procedures fail because of poor planning and the rush to reduce one area without overall aesthetic understanding of the patient’s true objectives
Restoring Sleek Body Contours with State of the Art Liposuction
Our Clinique performs mostly Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) . Laser Liposuction is also available for more restricted applications.
The Multiple Uses of Fat Grafting
We love to take advantage of the amazing potential use of the extracted fat cells instead of discarding them by using the fat aspirate for Fat Grafting procedures such as the Brazilian But Lift (a firming up and rounding up of the buttocks for a flat or mildly saggy butt.) Fat augmentation of the Breast is also routinely used in Breast Enhancement to correct breast shape or enhance breast volume with or without implants, implant coverage, and “Bony Decollete” or Hand.
In Fat injection to the face, also known as structural fat grafting .Fat is routinely used by itself or with the signature RefresherLift℠ to enhance cheekbone, hollow cheeks, depressed temple, suborbital hollow, and thin lips are also commonly recommended to refresh and rejuvenate the facial features along with the body contouring procedures.
About Tumescent Technique or Liposuction Under Local or General Anesthesia:
In all modern liposuction techniques, the area of reduction is infiltrated and “Tumescent” (plumped) with a large amount of saline with lidocaine (the numbing agent) and epinephrine (the anti-bleeding agent), also known as tumescent solution. Thick fatty layers are then suctioned out from beneath the skin’s surface with a cannula (a blunt tip hollow probe connected to the suction that aspirates fat cells with minimal trauma to the surrounding tissue. Super Wet or pure tumescent liposuction is usually reserved for first-time procedures and is performed s under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort. For larger mixed procedures, more fibrous, or firmer areas, the Wet technique (lesser volume) is commonly performed under general anesthesia.
- Traditional liposuction has few serious risks when performed within legal parameters. The most common side effects are bruising, some bloody oozing , and mild discomfort, which have been further minimized with power assisted lipoplasty (PAL) combined with tumescent anesthesia. PALis our preferred method of liposuction
- Liposuction should be used with caution where loose skin or poor tissue firmness is present, as often seen after severe weight loss, pregnancy, or in areas with poor tissue support like inner thighs, breasts, and arms. A trained surgeon anticipates these situations and might recommend adding a skin tuck to improve tissue firmness or discourage the procedure all together. In minimal cases, accent® radio frequency can be used to firm up the tissue. after suctioning
- Overly aggressive liposuction, especially in thin fat layers that are fragile or inelastic, can result in a cobblestone appearance, which is very difficult to correct, making the unfortunate patient a true liposuction cripple.
- Liposuction is a contouring procedure is not a weight loss solution and not recommended for people with unstable medical conditions or who need a great volume of fat to be removed (severe general obesity). A weight management program is the right choice but an alternative.
- Florida law limits total fat removal to 4 liters, or 4.5 quarts, when done alone, and 1 liter, or 1.2, quarts when done with another procedure in office surgery setings . This regulation has gone a long way to make liposuction one of the safest procedures in America.
- If you are a smoker, you will be advised to quit smoking before you have the procedure. You may also be asked to eliminate aspirin and other medications or supplements that cause blood thinning to minimize the bruising or bleeding. After liposuction, a fitted garment is to be worn, preferably for 6 weeks.
- Before considering any type of liposuction, ask your doctor if they have hospital privileges to perform power-assisted lipoplasty and to perform a variety of tucks or corrective procedures. Board certification of the surgeon and review of before and after pictures can assist you in selecting the right surgeon for you.
Schedule a Consultation
If you want to eliminate unwanted pockets of fat and restore your outline’s harmony to your body, we invite you to schedule a consultation at Clinique of Plastic Surgery today. During your private meeting with our St. Petersburg surgeons, we will carefully evaluate the excess volume that concerns you most, before composing a bespoke treatment plan designed to sculpt the smooth unwanted rolls and regain the curves you desire.